Uplifting article from Camilla Tominey of The Express…
With two royal weddings and two landmark birthdays next year the spotlight shining on the House of Windsor will be even brighter than usual. Zara Phillips’ engagement to Mike Tindall, coming just a month after Prince William and Kate Middleton announced theirs, will inevitably shift the focus from the older royals to the younger generation. Despite Her Majesty’s 85th birthday in April and Prince Philip’s 90th in June all eyes will be on the younger couples at the centre of two royal wedding spectaculars.
Even if the Queen is slightly upstaged next year she has her Diamond Jubilee commemorations in 2012 and so could not be happier at this turn of events. She knows that after she is gone, the survival of the monarchy, both at home and across the Commonwealth, will be in her grandchildren’s hands.
At the centre of it all though will be William and Kate whose engagement on November 16 has secured their place as the House of Windsor’s golden couple. Before William proposed to Kate everyone thought that 2012 would be the Queen’s year but now it seems the celebrations will start early and 2011 will crown a golden new era for the Royal Family.
Read the entire article: The Express
Katie Nicholl’s Royal Weekend Tidbits:
- William & Kate’s April 29 nuptials will mean the younger royals will miss out on their annual skiing trips
- Kate will learn to sail. William bought Kate a course of sailing lessons in North Wales for Christmas. William is said to love sailing and wants Kate to learn his passion so they may enjoy the hobby together.
- Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has been inundated with offers to commentate on next year’s royal wedding — 28 offers to be exact. But to the Royal Family’s relief, she has rejected them all
- Prince Harry engaged in a friendly banter about paying the bill with a waitress in Guy Pelly’s new nightclub Public.
Article: Daily Mail
- The Telegraph: Mike Tindall scores for the ordinary man
- Daily Mail: It’s a furry Christmas for the Royals in Sandringham
- Daily Mail: Kate Middleton raises a smile… despite spending Christmas without William
- Sky News Video: More on the widely panned commemorative coin from the Royal Mint
- William & Kate to Spend Christmas Apart
- About Zara Phillips, the Other Royal Bride
- Chelsy Davy Around London
- Zara Phillips To Wed on July 30 in Edinburgh
- New Kate Middleton Childhood Pics Revealed