Four generations ago, Kate Middleton’s ancestors on her mum’s side were coal miners. When her great-grandfather left coal country some 90 years ago, who would have thought a great-granddaughter from such humble roots would become England’s future Queen? Below is an interview of one of Kate’s relatives who still lives in northeast England.
Article: Associated Press
William & Kate News:
From Kate’s humble origins to her future home… Spotlight on Anglesey, and how business and tourism have boomed since William & Kate’s royal visit. At the same time, Kate’s hometown of Bucklebury in Berkshire is preparing a grand party for their favourite daughter. On April 29, villagers will celebrate the Royal wedding with Morris dancing, a hog roast and duck racing!
For the evening reception at Buckingham Palace hosted by Prince Charles, the Sun reports that dance-worthy tracks are being prepared, and they include Abba, of which Kate is a fan. And for William, there’s Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran and Culture Club.
And Harry is said to be preparing his best man speech, where he plans to rib William about their flying careers and his balding spot. The married couple determined to make the evening reception a less formal event. From the noon banquet hosted by the Queen, they’ll drive to St. James’ Palace to change into less formal attires before heading back to Buckingham Palace for the evening ball.
Article: The Sun
- The Sun: Widower writes to William to thank him for trying to save his wife and wish him well on marriage
- Hulu (Video): Which Tiara will Kate wear? A great video on all things hattery
- Telegraph: Royal Mint issues official Royal Wedding coin — still not impressive
- St Andrews: A personal account on William & Kate’s St Andrews visit
- Reuters: UK lawmaker calls for prince to reform monarchy
- Express & Star: Stamp artist’s tribute to William & Kate
- Northern Echo: Westminster Abbey’s organ retuned to perfection
Charles & Camilla News:
- Press Association: A man has been arrested for Charles & Camilla’s student riot attack
- Press Association: The Duchess of Cornwall signs New Zealand Condolence book
- Express: Camilla prepares granddaughter as bridesmaid by reading her Angelina and the Royal Wedding
Other Royal News:
- The Sun: Has Prince Harry canceled his Dubai trip due to local unrest? (postposed as confirmed by St James Palace)
- Links to official web accounts (Flicker, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube) of the British Monarchy
On a side note, the official Royal Wedding website has received 200,000 visits within 8 hours of launch and almost 2 million page hits after over a day.
- Official Royal Wedding Website Launched
- Poll: People Want Charles for King, Not William
- Does the Queen Have Knee Problems?
- Kate Middleton Prepares to Become Princess
- Australia & New Zealand Prepare for Wills