Wrapping Up Ascot 2011
The last few days at Ascot have brought some royal interest…
Day 3: On Ladies’ Day, the big news was that Kate’s parents, Michael and Carole Middleton, joined the royal carriage procession and were in the royal box with the Queen. Lovely! While the Countess of Wessex has had her father in Ascot for years, no one ever recalls Diana’s or Fergie’s parents ever invited. Significantly, it was the Queen’s invitation, showing their welcome into the royal fold. Carole Middleton looked the epitome of elegance in a cream Catherine Walker suit and matching hat.
Articles: Mirror | Daily Mail
Pictures: Isopix| Rex Features
Day 4: Prince Andrew spotted with a mystery brunette. Probably nothing, but the Duke of York spent much of the day with a brunette in an oversized hat. He also took time to chat with an ex-flame – blonde TV presenter Catrina Skepper
Article: Daily Mail
Pictures: Getty Images | Rex Features
Day 5: The Queen was in blue, but most of the talk surrounded Princess Eugenie, who came with a figure-hugging red dress by Alexander McQueen – almost the red version of what Pippa won during the royal wedding. Eugenie was accompanied by her boyfriend Jack Brooksbank. Later, she awarded the cup for the winner of the Chesham Stakes.
Article: Daily Mail
William & Kate’s Canada/California Tour
The next big event will be the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge’s first official overseas tour, bringing them around Canada a nd LA on 30 June to 10 July. Media interest is massive. So far, a detailed itinerary for the LA visit has been released. Canada’s itinerary comes next week.
- Private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton’s detailed itinerary for LA visit. Covers the events the couple will attend, including their purpose and missions.
- Canada chief organizer challenges. Meet Kevin MacLeod, in charge of the Canadian royal tour — and the challenges that go with the job.
- North America braced for Middleton Mania. Canada & California are revving up for William & Kate’s arrival. And it’s going to be big!
- Cash for access fears for Santa Barbara polo event. As usual, the Daily Mail is stirring trouble out of nothing – as big names donate big sums to meet the royal couple.
- Giada De Laurentiis will cook for William & Kate. Celebrity chef has been chosen to make lunch for the royal couple at the Santa Barbara polo event. What’s on the menu? Pea puree crostini & chopped salad with shrimp. Video interview with Giada
- Video: William & Kate’s Canada/California Tour. Interview with Victoria Arbiter
Other William & Kate Tidbits:
- The billion pound brand of William and Kate Inc.
- William & Kate start moving into their “perfect little cottage” in Kensington Palace
- Queen invites the Middletons to a weekend in Balmoral
- Royal Wedding weekend saw morning after pill demand triple!
- Video preview: William & Kate: Royal Baby Watch airs on America’s TLC on Sunday
Zara & Mike
Gearing up for the second Royal Wedding of the year! Zara Phillips weds rugby player Mike Tindall on July 30.
- Interview with Mike Tindall: on how he proposed, if he’ll fix his nose, and life with Zara
- Zara’s weekend hen do in Portugal (News of the World – paid site)
- Chelsy Davy not invited? No ‘plus one’ for Harry for Zara & Mike’s wedding
… which leads us to Prince Harry & Chelsy
- Pictures: Chelsy Davy rocks the biker chick look at Brinkley’s Bar in Fulham
- Taliban warns to destroy Prince Harry if captured in Afghanistan
Two weeks ago, Pippa participated in a triathlon. This weekend, she was seen in Scotland in a duathlon – running and cycling from coast to coast. Article: Daily Mail
- According to Katie Nicholl, Pippa and Alex Loudon are still together
- Meet George Percy – future Duke of Northumberland – who’s currently rumoured to be dating Pippa Middleton
And in other news, Earl Spencer (Diana’s brother) marries for the 3rd time in a small, private ceremony in Althorp. Neither William nor Harry was there. William’s working in Anglesey and Harry has prior private commitments.