Loving Prince Harry and how active he is with his causes!
Prince Harry will fly to Norway on Monday to join four badly injured Afghan war veterans who are attempting to walk to the North Pole. Harry is expected to spend 10 days with the team, including a week on their trek across the pack ice once they set out on April 1, far longer than originally planned. He will cover around 70 miles of the 200-mile journey. The prince will pull a 150kg sled loaded with all the equipment he needs to survive in temperatures that could fall to minus 60 with the wind chill factor. It includes an immersion survival suit if they are forced to cross open water.
Articles: London Evening Standard
In connection with this charity expedition, Harry is on the cover of GQ Magazine (Articles: Express & Star | News of the World). He is also now hailed as the most eligible bachelor prince in Britain. And with his currently unclear and volatile relationship with Chelsy Davy, the Mail has provided with a list of eligible aristocratic ladies who might be suitable candidates as Harry’s wife (Article: Daily Mail)
Royal Wedding News: 2 Cakes!
We count down to Prince William & Kate Middleton’s big day on April 29. The latest big update is about the royal wedding cakes. There will be two — a traditional multi-tiered fruitcake in floral design, and a tea biscuit dark chocolate cake once a favourite of William.
The official wedding cake, to be the centerpiece of the Buckingham Palace reception, is to be made by Fiona Cairns. She has met Kate Middleton 6 weeks ago to discuss the details. Kate has been instrumental in the design and had a strong idea of what she wanted, Fiona says. The cake will be decorated with William and Kate’s new cipher – thought to feature the couple’s entwined initials – which will be officially released on their wedding day. Another theme will be the four flowers of the home nations – English rose, Scottish thistle, Welsh daffodil and Irish shamrock. Kate has also asked to feature around 16 different blooms and foliage for their meaning – known as the “language of flowers,” and to incorporate elements from the Joseph Lambeth technique of cake decoration, where intricate piping is used to make three dimensional scroll work, leaves, flowers and other adornments.
As for the other cake, William has asked McVitie’s to create one of his favourite sweet treats that will provide an alternative to the official wedding cake by Fiona Cairns. As a young boy the Prince used to enjoy the cake, which is made from crushed rich tea biscuits and dark chocolate. It will be an unbaked cake.
Other Royal Wedding Updates:
- Hello!: Spotlight on Westminster Abbey and & royal weddings it has hosted over the years
- Telegraph: Prince William is given a kissing lesson before he marries Kate
- Guardian: Fearne Cotton & Edith Bowman join BBC’s royal wedding team
- Daily Mail: BBC to be more sceptical as republicans complain of fawning over Royal Wedding coverage
- Official Royal Wedding Website: List of road closures on wedding day
- Express: New fears over Royal Wedding after violence in spending cuts protes
- Huffington Post: Prince William impacted by Charles & Diana’s divorce
- Boston.com: Will instant “it” girl Kate Middleton be as influential as Princess Diana?
- Daily Mail: Will Kate “obey” William in her vows?
- NY Mag: “Expertise” on the state of Kate Middleton’s figure reaches absurd heights
- Mirror: Elton John wants to invite William & Kate to dinner
- ABC (Video): William & Kate’s horoscopes reveals match, predicts future
First outing for Savannah Phillips! At almost 3 months, the Queen’s first great grandchild made her first public appearance alongside mum Autumn and grandma Princess Anne as they watched aunt Zara at the Gatcombe horse trials in Gloucestershire.
Mike Tindall’s best man asked to submit draft of speech to Palace. To prevent having Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall’s wedding degenerate into a rowdy, alcohol and testosterone-fuelled locker room gathering, the Palace wants best man – rugby player Iain Balshaw, to submit a draft of his speech.
Friendship between Prince Andrew & Fergie “tense.” Prince Andrew’s once-solid friendship with ex-wife Sarah Ferguson has been rocked by the revelations that the Duke’s friend, convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, paid off her debts.