99 days and counting… Royal wedding fever was in the air as airlines and hotels in London reported a surge in bookings for the week of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s marriage. Amid growing excitement in Britain and abroad, William and Kate marked the countdown by putting the final touches to a list of around 1,800 people they want to invite to the service.
According to Express’ Richard Palmer, the royal couple have been overseeing plans for their big day from their isolated farmhouse in North Wales, travelling to London whenever their schedule has allowed it to sit in on regular meetings with courtiers.
One senior aide said yesterday: “They’re both very happy and very excited about it all. It’s not long now. There’s a lot of work to do but they’re doing it in between Prince William’s flying and Catherine’s other commitments. We’re pretty much living and breathing the wedding at the moment.”
Many of the key issues, such as the names of the bridesmaids, page boys, the wedding dress designer and its basic design, have already been hammered out in secret. Kate made a final decision about her choice of designer last week from a small shortlist, according to royal sources.
Article: The Express
Kate staying at the Goring Hotel the night before the wedding?
There’s speculation that Kate will stay at the 5-star Goring Hotel, near Buckingham Palace, the night before the wedding. The 71-room luxury hotel has been booked for 4 nights around the wedding weekend for William & Kate’s friends. But Richard Kay says Kate is basing herself in the same place the night before her big day.
Attempts to book a room – prices range from £410 to £1,525 a night – were met with polite refusal. “We are fully booked at that time,” said the receptionist.
Other Royal News:
- Guardian: Prince Charles criticised for challenging ban on farmland housing
- The Sun: Meet the copyKates, who earn up to £500 a day for impersonating Kate Middleton
- CBS: Princess Diana’s wedding dress designer recalls making a wedding dress to remember
- Vogue: No announcement to be made about royal wedding dress
- The Final 2 Days…
- Security Stepped Up Around Prince Charles
- Royal Wedding Ceremonial Timetable Revealed
- Royal Wedding Bridesmaid Selection
- Royal Wedding Countdown: 12 Days to Go