At the end of their wedding service at Westminster Abbey, Prince William and Kate Middleton will travel back to Buckingham Palace through streets lined with spectators. Here’s the plan:
For good weather, the 1902 State Landau used by Prince Charles & Diana during their wedding. In the event of severely wet weather, The Glass Coach Diana used on her way to St. Paul’s.
There will be five horse-drawn carriages in the Carriage Procession from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace.
Carriage #1 (State landau or glass coach) William & Kate.
Carriages #2 & #3 (Ascot Landaus) carrying the Best Man, Maid of Honour and Bridesmaids.
Carriage #4 (Semi-State Landau) carrying The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh.
Carriage #5 (Semi-State Landau) carrying Prince Charles, Camilla, with Mike and Carole Middleton
Kate Middleton will arrive at the Abbey with the Rolls-Royce Phantom VI that Prince Charles and Camilla were in when they were attacked by student protesters. It’s currently under repair.
Royal Wedding Guest Update: More royalty confirmed to attend. Prince Albert of Monaco and fiancee Charlene Wittstock ; Crown Princess Maxima and Prince Willem of the Netherlands; King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway
Other William & Kate News:
- ABC: Prince William’s godfather thinks Kate is great
- Daily Mail: The Middletons eyeing to buy Camilla’s old manor?
- Daily Mail: Lifetime’s William & Kate movie preview – more Bridget Jones?
- Express & Star: Pink rose tribute to royal bride Kate Middleton
- Telegraph: William & Kate’s Kensington Palace quandary