Day #2 of Kate Middleton’s launch into public life:
Prince William and Kate Middleton have returned to St Andrews University where they first met and fell in love.
The couple, who are to marry in April, went back to the Scottish university to launch its 600th anniversary celebrations. William said being in the town again was like “coming home” for himself and his bride-to-be.
Kate was dressed in a chic red suit with a black belt and black leather gloves, while William wore a dark blue suit.
The couple’s two-hour official visit began with a reception inside the principal’s residence, University House.
It was William’s first visit in his role as patron of the 600th Anniversary Appeal, which will have a large focus on generating new funds for scholarships.
- Daily Mail: Lady in red Kate Middleton is all smiles as she returns to place where fairytale romance with Prince William began
- Telegraph: William & Kate return to St Andrews for university celebrations
- Hello: Confident Kate steps up for day 2 challenge
- William & Kate visit St Andrews University where they first met and fell in love
- London Evening Standard: Middleton magic – a star is born (scroll down)
- CBS: Royal expert says Kate has the “it” factor
- William & Kate arrive St Andrews
- William’s speech
- William walkabout 1
- William walkabout 2
- Kate walkabout
In the afternoon, William and Kate flew back to London and joined Prince Harry in the New Zealand House in London to sign a book of condolences for those who lost their lives in Christchurch. Article: Press Association
Video (Condolence book signing): BBC
Once again, a whirlwind of pictures and videos… Kate Middleton’s launch into public life has been, in my opinion, very successful. With confidence, poise and ease, she is off to a very promising start. Overall a stunning debut! Can’t wait for the future