Christmas 2009 went according to tradition, with the Royal Family attending the Christmas Day service at Mary Magdalene Church, greeting people lined up in the streets to meet them, and returning to Sandringham House for lunch. The Queen’s Christmas message was then broadcast in the afternoon.
The Queen’s Christmas Message
Transcript: Read the Queen’s Christmas Message
The whole family was there for the church service. Pictures show Prince William and cousin Zara Phillips linking arms, the Queen receiving flowers from children, William hugging a church regular, Zara & Autumn (visiting with husband Peter Phillips) in killer heels, plus a host of Philip Treacy hats. Security is reportedly significantly tighter this year.
- Sandringham Officers Seize Cameras During Sunday Church with Royals
- Kate Spends First Royal Christmas at Sandringham While Duke of Edinburgh Stays in Hospital
- Christmas 2010 for the Royal Family
- Queen is Expecting First Great-Grandchild
- Savannah Phillips, the Queen’s First Great-Grandchild