- This week’s Hello! mag promises an exclusive interview with Princess Beatrice!… http://t.co/qCVYmJoS #
- The Duke of Edinburgh is doing official functions at the Isle of Wight; tours Island business http://t.co/fQx6Dn6H #
- Good to see Pippa again… Pics: Pippa Middleton attends the ‘Shadow Dancer’ Premiere! – http://t.co/CBUpdYvI #
- Queen’s full Olympic message RT @BritishMonarchy: ‘I offer my congratulations to the athletes of GB & the Commonwealth’ http://t.co/po5PLOW6 #
- For Malaysians: Send a picture of you at tea time & win a chance to meet Prince William & Kate this September!… http://t.co/h1rmVjMm #
Archive for category The Middleton Family
- Lucky charm? The Duchess of Cambridge has seen @TeamGB win 5 gold medals, more than any member of the Royal Family… http://t.co/2kBnfpeK #
- James Middleton dating a beautiful brunette called Ally?… http://t.co/GM4D0z2o #
- (Interesting option) Prince William could become part-time helicopter instructor after RAF tour of duty ends next year http://t.co/6kdiMe8C #
Last week was busy for the royals in terms of appearances and news, which culminated in a moving ceremony at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday.
Her Majesty leads the nation in commemorating the war dead. Pictures by Reuters
The Foreign Office balcony with the Duchess of Cornwall,
the Duchess of Cambridge, & the Countess of Wessex
Photo by Getty Images
Video Coverage in its entirety: (3 parts)
- BBC: Queen leads tributes at Cenotaph
- Mirror: Kate at Whitehall as Queen leads nation in honoring the fallen
- Daily Mail: Queen leads tributes to fallen heroes on Remembrance Sunday
- Daily Mail: Duchess of Cambridge attends first Remembrance Sunday as member of the royal family
William & Kate Appearances
In between this month’s appearance in Copenhagen with the Danish royals for Unicef and Remembrance Sunday, we saw the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge in 2 events: (1) a black tie gala for the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal, and (2) a meeting with The Prince’s Charities.
National Memorial Arboretum Appeal
William & Kate attended a black-tie reception in aid of the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal at St James’s Palace. The Duke launched the appeal, which aims to raise £12 million to develop the Arboretum in Alrewas, Staffordshire, into a world-renowned centre for remembrance
- Video of William’s speech with footage of William & Kate mingling with guests
- Article: Kate dazzles in Grecian gown at St James’s Palace dinner
The Prince’s Charities Forum
The following day, the Cambridges attended The Prince’s Charities Forum at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly. It is the first time Kate has attended the forum. It gathers every 2 years.
Prince William to be Posted in the Falklands
We knew it was coming next year, and now it’s confirmed. The Ministry of Defence announced that the Duke of Cambridge will complete a routine deployment as a RAF search and rescue co-pilot in the Falklands for 6 weeks on February to March 2012. This will help him obtain his goal of captaincy by next year. (Article)
The announcement as ruffled feathers in Argentina ahead of next year’s 30th anniversary of the war over the Falklands. (Article)
Kate will not be able to join him for this posting. However the newlyweds are slated to spend Christmas with the royals at Sandringham (another first for Kate) and celebrate her 30th birthday on January 9. William will also be back in time for the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations in June 2012.
Pippa Middleton & Alex Loudon Broke Up
It’s true. Kate’s little sister is back on the market! Pippa has reportedly split from financier boyfriend of one & a half years Alex after weeks of blazing rows, including a recent public one during a friend’s wedding. (Original article from The Sun)
The papers are having a field day playing the who-dumped-who game. Most say it’s a matter of quiet Alex not being able to handle Pippa’s sudden fame after she’s thrown into the international spotlight following her sister’s wedding. The Daily Mail even wrote a rather snarky article saying Alex’s very discreet parents thought Pippa “sweet” but “not wife material” (I take this article with a grain of salt, as those really in the know would never talk to the press). On top of that, there are rumblings of a 3rd party in the relationship (Pippa’s side). (Article)
Either way, Pippa is said to be finding comfort from Will & Kate. She joined Will, Kate and her parents at Birkhall last weekend, where Kate was said to have been practicing her hunting skills in preparation for Sandringham. And last weekend, word has it that Pippa joined old pal (ex-boyfriend) George Percy on a shooting party in Northumberland.
What’s next from this frenzy? Without a doubt more Pippa-Harry nonsense…
Mike Tindall Sacked from England Rugby Team & Fined £25k for “Serious Misconduct”
[ad#zazzleright-diamondjubilee]It’s a devastating end to the new royal’s career. Mike Tindall, who married Zara Phillips in July, has been embroiled in a controversy over the World Cup last September when he was seen flirting & kissing a girl in a bar. Later reports say the blonde was an ex-girlfriend, and that Mike had gone on to a second bar with the same girl. Zara flew to NZ a few days later, and all seemed forgiven
However, after a Rugby Football Union investigation of the said night, Mike was slapped with a heavy fine and kicked out of Elite Player Squad. This will very likely mean the end of his career. Mike is said to be trying to appeal the fine.
For video summaries of the latest news from last week, here are reports from US morning shows:
- Video: Today Shows report
- Video: Early Show with Victoria Arbiter, separating fact from fiction (Falklands, Pippa, pregnancy rumours)
Prince Harry has dominated the headlines this past week — as cameras captured him both at work and at play…
Last weekend Harry was spotted in Hvar, Croatia, partying in a nightclub with good chum Tom Inskip. A video of him dancing (not very well, it seems) and diving into a shallow pool fully clothed went viral. Apparently Harry was letting his hair down in preparation for a long training stint in the US starting October. He probably had a bit to drink and was clearly enjoying his time. He was given a white shirt by the nightclub and was then seen in the company of a bevy of girls. Naturally some of the girls talked about the experience. This is Harry’s second holiday this summer. He was on a week-long vacation in Mallorca with the Warrens last month.
Articles & Pictures related to Harry partying in Croatia:
- Harry plunges into pool fully clothed on holiday in Hvar
- Harry embraces a blonde as he parties the night away
- Club hostess: Harry’s a “serious party animal” & just “went wild”
- More Pics & Video: Harry’s “dad dancing”
- Pictures from Rex Features
While Prince Harry showed he could party hard, he proved the following week that he also knows how to do his job well. On 31 August, Harry presented awards to a six-year-old quadruple amputee and a five-year-old cerebral palsy sufferer at the Wellchild charity ceremony in London. As patron of the charity, he made the appearance on the 14th anniversary of the death of his mother, Diana. He delivered a humbling speech at the end of the ceremony.
- Back to day job: Prince Harry meets seriously ill children
- Pictures: Prince Harry attends the WellChild Awards
- Which is the real Prince Harry? Guzzling tequila with model girls or comforting sick children?
This was Prince Harry’s final official engagement before advancing his Apache training in the US. He arrives in El Centro, California the first week of October for Exercise Crimson Eagle as the final part of his Apache training.
Meanwhile, ex Chelsy Davy was spotted with “new boyfriend” Taylor McWilliams in Ibiza (scroll down for article) over the bank holiday weekend. They attended a party thrown by the nightclub Boujis, a favourite royal London joint. Oh, and she flew economy to the island. This is Chelsy’s second Ibiza getaway this year. She was also there along with friends (plus Taylor, if rumour is to be believed) back in May.
William & Kate Updates
It’s been quiet for the newlyweds lately…
- On the job front, Prince William lost the fight to save a drowned fisherman
- Where were they on bank holiday weekend? Reports say the couple spent it with Kate’s parents Michael & Carole Middleton in Birkhall, Prince Charles’ Scottish retreat. Nice!
- Kate keen on becoming involved with charity working with young people affected by riots
- No Braemar Games for Will & Kate?
- The Queen gives Kate priceless silver salvers as gift (who knows if any of this is true)
- Zara Phillips unrecognised as she goes clothes shopping
- Zara Phillips & 13-year-old half sister at the Burghley horse trials
- Sarah, Beatrice & Eugenie attend Petra Ecclestone’s lavish wedding in Rome
- Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice & Eugenie attend the funeral of tory Christopher Shale
- Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie turn up for pizzeria/karaoke joint launch
- Pictures: Pippa Middleton in London (2 September)
- Pictures + Article: Pippa Middleton gets a parking ticket wearing Kate’s engagement Whistles blouse (1 September)
- Pictures: Pippa Middleton in rainy London (26 August)
- Pippa & Alex’s night out in nightclub Public (25 August)
- Pippa Middleton is a good cook; attended a 4-week cookery school