It seems like yesterday when Prince William and Kate Middleton surprised the world by announcing their engagement on one unsuspecting November morning. Now the date (April 29) and the venue (Westminster Abbey) are set. And we’re officially only 100 days to go till the biggest royal wedding of this generation!
Excitement is building across the globe. Countdowns, exclusive websites and channel lineups announced. Here is Hello! Magazine’s article about the 100-day mark and the preparations involved. ITN has unveiled it’s Royal Wedding Youtube Channel. Canada’s CTV launched TheRoyals.ca, with all the news about William and Kate. America’s TLC announced a week-long royal-themed programming around the Royal wedding. And indeed, this is only the beginning.
Other Royal Wedding Links of Interest:
- BBC (Video): Follow William & Kate’s carriage route from the Abbey to Buckingham Palace
- BBC: Five things we know about the Royal Wedding… and five things we don’t
- Daily Mail: Hotels filling up and flights jump 40% around Royal Wedding
- NBC: 13 Art students dress like Kate from head to foot in her engagement outfit gather at Buckingham Palace
- NY Observer: Rupert Murdoch plans to show the Royal Wedding in 3D
- This is Nottingham: Brewery concocting a new beer called ‘Kiss Me Kate’
- BBC: Council offers royal wedding street party courses
Other Royal News:
- BBC: American royal fans flock to Diana exhibit in Michigan
- BBC: Sky News to produce the Queen’s Christmas message for next 2 years
- NBC: Royal succession debate shelved until post nuptials
- Zimdiaspora: Undisclosed writer defends Charles Davy over Mugabe link allegations
- Isopix: More pictures of Chelsy Davy partying in Zimbabwe over the new year